Myrtle Creek Elementary School’s Weekly Newsletter
For the Week of April 22, 2019
From the Principal:
Thank you, Parent Group and MCE Teachers for your efforts to provide a great Family Fun Night this past Friday. It looked to me like our children had a lot of fun!
- It is Field Trip season! In order to participate in any MCE field trip you must have a background check completed in advance. Forms are available in the office. Please don’t wait until the last minute to request a background check as it can often take at least a week to clear.
- April 26 – Ms. Clack’s class to Riversdale Academy
- April 26 – 3rd grade classes to Science Works in Ashland
- April 29 – Ms. Wilkerson’s class to Riversdale Academy
- April 29 – May 2 – Dental Screenings
- May 3 – Mrs. Cox’s 5th grade class to Wildlife Safari
- Kindergarten Round Up is on April 24 at 1:00 in the MCE library. Please bring your child’s birth certificate and immunization record. Age requirements: Children must be 5 years old by September 1. Families with students currently attending our Preschool program do not have to attend Kinder Round-Up.
- With 5 days of instruction lost February 25 – March 1 due to severe weather conditions, the School Board voted to extend the school year. Therefore, the last school day of the year will be on Friday, June 14 with dismissal at 11:15.
- Our 5th grade promotion ceremony will take place on June 13 at 2:00 in the Skyhawk Room.
- Parent Group meets the first Monday of each month at 6:00 pm in the school library. All parents and guardians are welcome to attend! Child care is provided.