Myrtle Creek Elementary School’s Weekly Newsletter
For the Week of June 10, 2019
From the Principal:
This is my last year at MCE as I have taken a position in Sutherlin. However, I want to express my appreciation for having the opportunity to work with you and your children. It is hard to leave the students at MCE behind as they all hold a special place in my heart. I wish you all well and hope that all of our MCE students are heading for bright and happy futures!
Yearbooks: We still have a few for sale in the office. $11.00
- It is Field Trip season! In order to participate in any MCE field trip parents/guardians must have a background check completed in advance. Please note: Younger siblings are not allowed on field trips.
- June 10 – Whitmore’s class, forest speaker and walk 11:00-12:00
- June 10 – 5th grade Fun Day at Club Northwest Kid Zone 9:00-3:00
- June 11 – Pre-K to Elkton ECEC 9:30-3:00
- June 13 – Pre-K to Wildlife Safari 9:30-3:00
- June 10 Field Day for grades PK-4 from 1:00-3:00. One hour will be focused on STEAM activities in the Skyhawk Room. The other hour will be fun games on the playground. Don’t be surprised if your kids come home a little wet.
- Students in grades 3-5 who gave their best effort on the State Smarter Balanced test have earned pool parties that will take place on Tuesday. The schedule is as follows:
- 10:00-11:30 3rd grade leaves for the pool at 10:00, pool time from 10:15-11:15, back at school at 11:30
- 11:30-1:30 4th grade will have a sack lunch at 11:30, leave for the pool at 12:00, pool time from 12:15-1:15, back at school by 1:30
- 1:30-3:00 5th grade leaves for the pool at 1:30, pool time from 1:45-2:45, back at school by 3:00
- Our 5th grade promotion ceremony will take place on June 13 at 2:00 in the Skyhawk Room.
- The last school day of the year will be on Friday, June 14 with dismissal at 11:15.