Tri City Parent Teacher Committee
October 10, 2019
Board members present: Bobbie Murphy – Vice President, Jessica Widener – Treasurer, Gina Standley – Secretary, Amy Heidemann – Room Parent Coordinator
Checking ending balance: $3,019.55
Savings ending balance: $6,245.63
- Kindergarten is requesting 3$ per child to attend their annual pumpkin Patch field trip on 10/24/2019. approved via standing resolutions
- 1st Grade is requesting $3 per child to attend their annual pumpkin patch field trip on 10/29/2019. Approved via standing resolutions.
- Popcorn report out, much discussion about deliver vs come up to tables. Decision was to get feedback from teachers, have an “order form” for classroom deliveries to ensure kids are getting either flavored or two bags of plain if they choose.
- Update on the USA Map, Grace has made contact, we are waiting for weather permitting.
- Traveling lantern will be performing Peter Pan on October 25th, cost is $445.00
- Bylaws, Bylaws were voted in.
- Candy grams for Halloween due by 10/25, Bobbie will ask Dr. Rohm for donation of candy.
- State of 501©(3) The application will be sent within the week.
- Suggestion, was to really push spirit day for the kids, maybe even a reward for the class with the most spirit items, 3-5 hallway a bubble gum party? Cotton Candy party? Ask teachers.
- Glo Dance – A Glo in the Dark themed dance on November 22nd. Decision on Food/decorations to be made at next PTC meeting.
- We will be having a family skate night on January 17th.
- Box Tops are due on October 30th.
- We have been approached by Myrtle Creek Elem to split the cost of some stencils for the playground. We do not have any specific information.
- An idea about an anti-bullying assembly – Mr Fowler will follow-up.
- Wreath Sales – begins Nov3ember 1st thru November 21st.
Floor Open to New Ideas: We need to look at a mat for under the Popcorn machine to protect the floor from all of the grease.
November 22nd – 2nd Grade January 31st – 3rd Grade
February 28th – 4th Grade March 20th – 5th Grade
April 24th – PTC May 29th – Open